Chakra Sadhana Training Course
Course Date, Location & Donations
The course donation includes tuition as per the daily schedule shown below, food and accommodation, course manual and the use of ashram facilities.
This course is open to graduates of any Yoga Teachers’ Training Course - 200 hours from any yoga school.
This is a 2-week training for graduates of yoga teacher training course ( 200 hr ) who would like to integrate chakra work into their teaching and personal sadhana (practice). Learn to introduce your students to the concept of chakras and how they relate to yoga practice, as you deepen your own understanding.
Swami Saradananda guides you in an intensive examination of the functions and reciprocal influences that the chakras have on each other and on the unconscious and conscious minds. As an advanced training for yoga teachers, it is unique in its practical as well as theoretical approach to this much talked about topic.
What will teachers get out of this course?
• A deeper understanding of the nature and functions of the chakras.
• The ability to create chakra-related sequences that are designed to get results for students on all levels
• The capacity to adapt your yoga practice to move energy upward to higher consciousness.
• Using chakra work to provide yourself with a firm foundation for your personal sadhana
• Ways that you, and your students, can use the chakras to manifest your ideas and dreams into more creative embodiments.
• A more meditative approach to asana practice and teaching.
Course syllabus focuses on:
• Muladhara: root chakra; bring enhanced grounding and stability into your life
• Working with the minor chakras in your feet which are responsible for transforming and transmitting prana between your individual energy system and that of the earth
• Swadhisthana: sacral chakra; be better able to ‘go with the flow’
• Manipura: solar plexus chakra; improve your self-image, will-power and digestion
• Anahata: heart chakra; develop your ability to forge unselfish relationships, self-acceptance, compassion and empathy
• Awakening the minor chakras in the hands; use and direct the healing energies in your hands
• Vishuddha: focus on the throat chakra to improve your communication skills and creativity; develop your inner voice
• Minor palate chakra, source of ‘divine nectar’
• Ajna: brow chakra; strengthen your physical eyes as you develop inner vision; develop your intuition, concentration and memory; balance your rational left brain with the intuitive non-linear thinking of your right brain.
• Sahasrara: crown chakra; Strengthen your connection with spiritual values, attitudes and ethics; enhance your sense of wonder and experience greater joyfulness.
• Bija mantras: chanting with chakra focus
• Inter-relatedness of the chakras; how they work together
• Chakra cleansing and protection; cultivate the ability to choose when to have chakras open
• Yantras: using mystical geometry in chakra work
• Satsang consisting of silent meditation with chakra focus, chanting, talk and arati ceremony. The morning and evening practice will help you develop a strong and steady meditation practice.
• Asanas in the hatha yoga and tantric systems : Study of these philosophical points of view brings clarity to one’s purpose in life.
• Karma yoga and sevato purify
• Attendance at all activities is mandatory.
• Changes in the programme may occur from time to time
• There is one day off in a week. Students are required to attend morning and evening satsangs, both asana/pranayama classes, all lectures and to complete their Seva duties.
Chakra Meditation - "Swami Saradananda"
Essential Guide to Chakras - "Swami Saradananda"
Chakras - "Harish Johari"
You will be given an extensive course manual.
Assessment and Certification
There will be no written exams.
Students are assessed throughout the course based on:
1. Regular attendance of all classes
2. Attitude and behaviour inside and outside of the ashram while attending the course
3. Performance and attitude in the practical asana, pranayama and kriya classes
4. Written daily summary of the main philosophy talks at 11.30 am and 1.30 pm.
Upon successful completion of the course students receive the Certificate of the Sivananda Yoga Vidya Peetham.
The main teacher of the course will be Swami Saradananda, the internationally-renowned yoga and meditation teacher who inspires you to want to practise. Her classes are practical as well as theoretical in nature – and always enlightening! She has authored the books "Chakra Meditation", "The Essential Guide toChakras" “The Power of Breath”, “Mudras for Modern Life” and “The Cleansing Power of Yoga”.
In addition to teaching and writing, Swami Saradananda has spent extensive time doing personal practice in the Himalayas. She holds an MA degree in ‘Traditions of Yoga and Meditation’ from SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies), University of London.
Yogacharya Sudarsan and other teachers will assist to lead satsangs and teach asana/pranayama classes.
What to bring
Casual loose-fitting, comfortable and modest clothing, preferably cotton. Lycra is not suggested, as it is not conducive to hot weather;lightweight sweater for cool mornings/ evenings; yoga mat; meditation shawl; toiletries (shampoo, soap, etc) includingprescription medication and a spare pair of eyeglasses; neti pot; notebooks, pens, slip-on sandals;torch, insect repellent, alarm clock (if you are not using your phone); travel mug/tumbler, water bottle, sunscreen.
Many of the above items are available in our boutique
How to register:
Please fill in all the required information in the application form by online itself, then submit the completed application form.
A copy of the diploma of YTTC level -1 (200 hrs) should be sent with the application form.
Once the filled up application form is received and accepted the applicants will be informed by email, of how to proceed further in the registration process.
To finish the formality of registration:
Indian nationals : Need to send a non-refundable deposit donation of Rs 5000
Non-Indian or non-resident Indian nationals : Need to send a non-refundable deposit donation of USD 300.
The balance of the course donation should be remitted at the latest by one month before the starting date of the course.
Course donations are non-refundable, however any unused amount may be transferred, minus an administration fee of US$300, to another course within one year of the original course starting date. Alternatively, a credit note may be issued minus the administration fee. Credit notes are valid for one year from date of issue and can be used for any other courses/ programs or for anybody recommended by the depositor and also for boutique items or any other supplementary services.
Please read course details as well as the course location information carefully before making a decision to register.
The total number of participants for this course is around 20.
Admission is on first come first serve basis.
All classes are taught in English; there is currently no translation facility available into any other language.
Students should plan latest to arrive on the arrival day and depart on the day of departure.
It is recommended that Participants spend at least a few days in the course location before the start of your course. This allows the body and mind to have a little time to rest, re-energise and be nourished by the ashram environment. Participants can then begin their study feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Participants may also wish to stay for some days after the end of the course to allow the learning from the study to integrate more fully into their consciousness within the supportive environment of the ashram.
If one decides to arrive early and also to stay longer, please register for the course program for those additional days. The guest need to pay the daily donations for the extra days.
Please see Calendar of events for the programs offered around the time of your visit.
Dates and donations are subject to change without notice.
For all programs, guests are subject to the suggested donation in effect at the time of final payment.
To maintain the spiritual atmosphere we ask all ashram guests to comply with the ashram rules.
Kindly refer to the Ashram rules and guidelines for more information.
The ashram reserves the right of admission and students may be asked to leave if their behaviour goes against the ashram rules and teachings.
Students are also welcome to contact the ashram directly if they would like to stay on in the ashram after the course participating in the volunteer staff program. The volunteer staff program is an excellent way to deepen one’s experience and understanding of yoga teaching.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.